When you lose a tooth, leaving it untreated is not recommended. Missing teeth can create the following complications:
- An unsightly gap that makes you reluctant to smile and anxious to conceal the injury, lowering your self-confidence
- Difficulty speaking clearly, which impacts your ability to communicate
- Inability to eat certain foods, therefore compromising your nutrition requirements
Opposing or adjacent teeth can also potentially shift into the gap, causing gum issues and bite problems.
There are a number of solutions available for missing teeth. They include:
- A false tooth fitted to a plate
- A bridge attached to the teeth adjacent to the gap
- A dental implant
The best option for you will depend on the extent of the damage, treatment cost, and your own goals. Your dentist will help you determine which type of restoration will meet your needs while remaining within your budget.