Update 05/10/2020- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
We are pleased to announce that the practice is now open for routine dental care, Hygiene visits and emergency treatment. There are still however some restrictions on what treatments we can offer during this period of SEVERE UK treat level of COVID-19.
With the current situation in mind, we want to inform you about the additional measures being taken to keep patients and our team as safe as possible.
Following NHS England guidance there will be a new normal for treating you at our practice:
- When you call to make an appointment you will be asked about your COVID-19 status and provide an update of your medical health.
- Your details may be forwarded to our triage dentist who will call you back to discuss your needs and risk of COVID-19.
- Should you develop any symptoms, you should contact the practice by phone and cancel your appointment and follow government guidelines for a COVID-19 test and self-isolation.
- You may be asked to make a prepayment over the phone to reduce your time and contact with reception staff.
- If an appointment has been arranged, you will be asked to attend at the time of your appointment. This will help us maintain social distancing by avoiding a buildup of patients within the practice. Please do not come accompanied by family members or friends into the practice with you unless absolutely necessary. Exception include a parent/guardian of children under 18 years old, or a carer.
- You should attend the appointment with a mask or scarf that covers your nose and mouth. You will be asked to use hand sanitizer and you will have your temperature taken and recorded. If it is deemed too high, your appointment will be rescheduled for a later date.
- Please bring as little belongings with you as possible, this limits the risk of any contamination.
- Screen protectors have been installed on our reception desks. Please try and maintain a 2 metre distance from the reception desk and avoid touching the screen. We’ll ask you some questions upon arrival to confirm the information you gave in the pre-visit call.
- Patient washroom facilities are closed. This is to reduce the risk of virus spread between patients. We would ask that you visit the toilets before your appointment.
- We will be staggering appointment times to limit contact between patients. This will also mean reducing the use of our communal waiting areas; we will be escorting patients directly to their appointments whenever possible.
- We will all be wearing more protective equipment than you have been used to, depending upon the procedure planned.
- During the appointment, your treating dentist will assess you and determine the best course of action for you.
- At the end of the appointment, you will make a short visit to the reception for any follow up admin.
- Especially vulnerable patients will be seen at designated times of day.
- All rooms will be aired regularly and regular disinfection of contact surfaces will be carried out in all areas of the practice both clinical and communal.
- The numbers of patients seen we still be significantly less due to the rigorous cleaning between patients and to allow for adequate air changes between patients.